Installing and upgrading fubar

13.09.2011 13:20
Stella
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Stella
Installing and upgrading fubar

Hi!

I installed the free modules (modeles?) through the joomshop installer. They seem to work, but there are strange glitches.

Well, I decided to upgrade from 3.2.6 to 3.2.7 - which I did thru the joomshop installer. But nothing happens.

Irked, I tried installing the upgrade thru joomla, but I get an error that there already is a jshopping file on the server.

Checking the server more closely, I find droves of mod_jshopping_ files and all sorts of lang files outside the joomla core.

I just don't know in which spagghetti end to start:
* delete everything joomshop and restart (and lose two days work)?
* put the files in their respective right place?
* just delete the files and install them again?

Some kind of hint would be saving my day.

13.09.2011 17:29
Stella
Aw: Installing and upgrading fubar

I started a new test site, and this time the upgrade went smoothly. I was probably using the wrong file previously.

For the rest - bug or feature?

Once again I installed joomshopping and after that the joomshop modules thru joomshopping. Everything looks peaches, but the files are sloshing around in the joomla core level. I would expect a mod_jshopping folder for them... is this really as it should?

13.09.2011 20:50
admin
(Support Team)
User admin
Name: Admin

http://www.webdesigner-profi.de/joomla-webdesign/joomla-shop/forum/posts/7/1586.html

14.09.2011 15:14
Stella

Yes, I did exactly that, and things seems to work, but...

Are the jshopping mod files supposed to be installed in the uppermost level in the joomla core folder on the server? That is in the mydomain.se/joomla/ folder instead of the mydomain.se/joomla/components/jshopping/modules folder?

If they are not supposed to end up in the joomla core folder, is there a bug?

Is it ok to move them to this folder without anything happening to the ext?

(I wish I knew how to make a screen dump on a PC...)

17.09.2011 11:17
andreas_t
Name: Andreas Tenhagen

Hi!

I had the same problem.
Found that everything meant for /administrator/components/com_jshopping was installed to /admin
and everything meant for /components/com_jshopping was installed to /site
Additionally jshopping.xml went into my joomla root, i.e. /jshopping.xml

I now moved everything manually where I suspect it was meant to go.
Seems to be working.
I just hope the database is not messed up ...

Joomla: 1.7.0
JoomShopping: 3.2.5 --> 3.2.7

17.09.2011 12:15
admin
(Support Team)
User admin
Name: Admin

The problem is improper installation or upgrade

http://www.webdesigner-profi.de/joomla-webdesign/joomla-shop/forum/posts/7/1586.html

17.09.2011 12:37
andreas_t
Name: Andreas Tenhagen

Yes, I first tried this the wrong way (update via Joomla installer).

However, after that I could not get the update via Joomshopping to work - so the first try with the Joomla installer did sth. that made the regular update impossible. In fact it was the Joomshopping installer which created the admin and site directories.
Maybe this can be corrected?

Also I would suggest a clearer warning about the correct update procedure somewhere on the file download page.
Because after having to clean up manually I was pretty near to deinstalling everything - and I guess not everybody should have to make this experience to then never forget the correct procedure ... ;-)

Cheers,
Andreas.

20.09.2011 09:58
Stella

Yes, Web-designer, I copy. I have looked at the mentioned link several times, and I have now made the installation and update on three locations, two of which lie on totally different IPs with different server settings. The result has consistently been the same:

The jshopping files end up in the wrong folder.

But I'll put them in what I perceive to be the right place and see what happens.

Joomla: 1.7
JoomShopping: 3.2.7

27.09.2011 02:47
zackc
Name: Zack Clobes

Same results here. After the update (using the built-in updater), I now have brand new /admin and /site folders on my web server.

Of course this was after I totally wiped out my dev environment trying to update the extension like any of the other hundreds of Joomla components/modules/etc that I've successfully updated over the years.

Joomla: 1.7
JoomShopping: 3.2.7???

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.