If I reinstall Jomshopping will all my products and settings remain in tact?

13.10.2011 03:58
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: DJ

I am having some issues with Jomshopping invoices that I am not sure how to deal with and I was wondering if a new installation would be my easiest solution or there is a specific file that needs to be reinstalled.
Some of my issues are listed here:
-Admin does NOT get PDF invoice even though the box is checked
-When PDF Config Header image is selected, none loads/appears.
-When invoice PDF preview is selected a blank screen loads.

Could you please tell me if I can simply install Jomshopping over my existing installation or if I have to uninstall what I have first. Will I lose my store categories/products/settings if I have to install again?

Joomla: 1.5

26.01.2012 21:17
Aw: If I reinstall Jomshopping will all my products and settings remain in tact?

I have not gotten a response to this and I would really like to get my installation issues resolved! PLEASE HELP!

Joomla: 1.5

26.01.2012 21:32
swissa
Name: swissandy
Aw: If I reinstall Jomshopping will all my products and settings remain in tact?

My experience is that you will lose the details but I have only done this once and on 1.7 with 3.2.7.

You are on J1.5,

Maybe an ideal time to upgrade everything to J2.5??

There are export modules etc but no idea if they work between 1.5 and 1.7/2.5

26.01.2012 22:03

Thanks Swissandy.
We are scheduled to upgrade to 2.5 in February.
I hadn't looked into it but from the sound of your post, I will lose everything in my shop when we upgrade :(

26.01.2012 22:12
swissa
Name: swissandy

987654 - 26.01.2012 22:03
Thanks Swissandy.
We are scheduled to upgrade to 2.5 in February.
I hadn't looked into it but from the sound of your post, I will lose everything in my shop when we upgrade :(

You can get csv export and csv import - http://www.webdesigner-profi.de/joomla-webdesign/joomla-shop/downloads/addons.html?lang=en

But if you have lots of products then yes, it's going to be painful whatever you do. I'd build a dev system alongside the live one and the switch over when tested etc. Think positive, loads more functionality in both Joomla and Joomshopping and at least 2.5 is a long term release so good for another 2 years!

(I know that doesn't help much but heh!) ;-)

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.