Is There a Setting to Enable/Disable Charging Tax on Shipping?

15.07.2011 18:35
BoardBoss
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Jay
Is There a Setting to Enable/Disable Charging Tax on Shipping?

I have tried several settings, but have been unable to find a way to NOT charge tax on shipping. No matter which settings I try, unless I use a shipping address that is not subject to any sales tax, sales tax is added to the product amount AND the shipping amount.

15.07.2011 18:48
admin
(Support Team)
User admin
Name: Admin
Aw: Is There a Setting to Enable/Disable Charging Tax on Shipping?

set tax 0% for shipping

15.07.2011 20:39
BoardBoss
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Jay
Aw: Is There a Setting to Enable/Disable Charging Tax on Shipping?

Thank you for the reply. I thought I had already done that, but apparently not. I previously looked all over the admin configuration for an option to turn off 'tax shipping' without success. After reading your reply, I looked further still and initially could not resolve this situation.

What I ended up doing was creating a new tax rate of 0.00% and calling it 'Tax on Shipping'. I then had to attach this new rate to all shipping methods, which seems a bit convoluted. I think a better option would be a 'Taxable?' checkbox somewhere (perhaps in the list of delivery methods?) that would tell the code to include tax on the shipping charge, or not. Just my $.02.

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.