Bug Report AND Feature Request

15.07.2011 23:50
BoardBoss
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Jay
Bug Report AND Feature Request

Please feel free to move this post to whichever category you think it best fits in. I am posting it here because I found the bug while configuring, although it affects the frontend and backend.

Like I said previously, I am new to JoomShopping. It seems like a great component overall, but there are a few tweaks to make it excellent. Here is the latest thing I found:

1) Added a new currency, USD.
2) First thing I noticed is there is no way to the currency symbol (more on why that is important later).
3) Configured the USD currency to use "." as the decimal symbol and "," as the thousands separator.
4) Now in the frontend, when you view the cart, the price is displayed as XX.XX, which is correct.
5) In the admin area, when you click products and view the grid, the price is shown as XX,XX. This is not correct! The reason the comma "," is shown here is because it is hardcoded into the file /administrator/components/com_jshopping/views/product_list/tmpl/default.php on line 148. This should be changed to use the choice made in 'Currency' in admin.
6) Referring back to item 2, here is why this is important:
a) Aesthetics. Prices in the US are virtually always displayed as $10.00, not USD10.00, USD 10.00, 10.00USD or 10.00 USD. These last four options are the only choices JoomShopping allows.
b) Trying to work around this limitation, I added a currency with a name "$" (without the quotes). Playing with the title, code, ISO code, etc. I achieved what I wanted... Almost!
c) In the product grid in admin, I saw $XX,XX. Same in the frontend. Great! Uh oh...
d) I tried a test order and attempted to pay via PayPal. I received a message that this merchant did not accept payments in the currency "$". Too funny!
e) Trying to figure out a resolution, I went to look at the PayPal configuration. Surprise!
f) Under 'Options' in admin, there was no 'Payments' link. Completely missing! I tried using a different browser that had never been used to configure this site. No luck. I cleared EVERYTHING from the original browser and still no luck.
g) Wound up uninstalling JoomShopping and then reinstalling it. IMPORTANT NOTE: JoomShopping does not offer an option to retain any data when uninstalling, and thus drops all tables associated with it. VirtueMart is like this, too.
h) After reinstalling JoomShopping, and then uploading my language file and couple other changes unrelated to the currency symbol issue, I had the 'Payments' configuration option back.

So I drafted this big old post with the hopes that:
1) The developers will consider adding a currency symbol in the 'Currencies' configuration.
2) Fix the bug where the admin product grid is hardcoded to use a "," in the price for the decimal.
3) Help anybody else that wonders about these issues, especially trying to add a new currency and having the 'Payments' config option go bye-bye.

This is something I could/would fix in my installation; however, it makes more sense to fix this in the core code so updates do not overwrite it.

16.07.2011 10:14
admin
(Support Team)
User admin
Name: Admin
Aw: Bug Report AND Feature Request

The developers will consider adding a currency symbol in the 'Currencies' configuration.

+ after save - clear cookie

Последнее изменение: 16.07.2011 10:15

16.07.2011 12:22
BoardBoss

Thank you for the reply. As for what you suggested, please see my original post. I have pasted a portion of it here:

f) Under 'Options' in admin, there was no 'Payments' link. Completely missing! I tried using a different browser that had never been used to configure this site. No luck. I cleared EVERYTHING from the original browser and still no luck.

Also, please refer to the attached. It it very strange that the "Payments" icon just disappears.

Joomla: 1.6.5
JoomShopping: 3.2.1
PHP: 5.3.6
MySQL: 5.0.92-community
Website Url: Internal

16.07.2011 18:44
admin
(Support Team)
User admin

configuration
administrator/index.php?option=com_jshopping&controller=config&task=checkout

Without payment step?

16.07.2011 21:18
BoardBoss

Hi - Thanks for the reply. From what I can determine, I thought 'Without payment step' in the checkout configuration controlled whether or not the payment step was shown during checkout. Is it a bug that it also does not display the 'Payments' icon under 'Options' if 'Without payment step' is checked? Sure seems like it. Otherwise, I cannot imagine why checking the box for 'Without payment step' would stop the 'Payments' tab from appearing.

16.07.2011 21:27
BoardBoss

Okay, I think I have figured something out. If one checks 'Without payment step' in the Checkout configuration, I made the assumption it would skip that step in the checkout process because there is only one payment type (PayPal) selected by the admin. In reality, checking 'Without payment step' means that the payment step itself is completely removed from the checkout process, and the order will be "completed" without prompting for payment. Of course, the order status is at "pending", as it should be, since no payment has been applied to the order.

Slowly I am figuring the component out. :) It just needs some documentation.

16.07.2011 22:51
admin
(Support Team)
User admin

We will try to simplify it in the new version.

21.07.2011 18:56
BoardBoss

What about this bug:

In the 'Currency' area I set the decimal character to be "." (without the quotes). In the admin area, when you click products and view the grid, the price is shown as XX,XX. This is not correct! The reason the comma "," is shown here is because it is hardcoded into the file /administrator/components/com_jshopping/views/product_list/tmpl/default.php on line 148. This should be changed to use the choice made in 'Currency' in admin.

21.07.2011 19:11
admin
(Support Team)
User admin

see version 2.9.2 / 3.2.2

01.08.2011 07:57
BoardBoss

Nice! Thank you.

02.02.2015 07:54
circool
Name: circool

ver. 4.9.0 report
template "default" file checkout/address.php

lines 343-345 (d_street_nr) wrong position, must move after line 388.

Joomla: 3.3.6
JoomShopping: 4.9.0

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.