Categoty ID doesn't do anything

12.09.2011 21:30
Stella
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Stella
Categoty ID doesn't do anything

Hi!

I have read all posts on categories and subcategories, but I don't understand German. Maybe this question has already been discussed...

I'm selling goods from different parts of the world and would like to present the products per continent in shortcuts through a side menu.

I have a joomla core module for Products and joomla core subcategories in the joomla core menu for the shortcuts to products from Asia and South America respectively. That seems to work as it should.

I chose "Products" in the JoomShop menu, but when I write category ID "2" for the Asian products, JoomShop shows all products, regardless of subcategory. There is no filter either.

I checked how it looks the "long way"; clicking on category and the subcategory in the main shop, and it shows things correctly and even have the filter for name, price etc.

Then I thought there might be a problem with the item Products in the joomshop menu, so I switched the menus to "Shop" while keeping the corresponding IDs for the subcategories. But then I only get the main shop page with the categories with pics and all.

So, choosing Shop gives the correct categories and subcategories, but it's tedious to "walk" to the products this way.
But choosing Products don't work as JoomShop disregards the info for category and subcategory ID.

What may I do?

Joomla: 1.7
JoomShopping: 3.2.6
PHP: 5.3.x
MySQL: 5.1

12.09.2011 22:09
admin
(Support Team)
User admin
Name: Admin
Aw: Categoty ID doesn't do anything

See http://www.webdesigner-profi.de/joomla-webdesign/joomla-shop/forum/posts/7/1570.html?lang=en

12.09.2011 22:57
Stella
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Stella
Aw: Categoty ID doesn't do anything

Thank you for your prompt reply. After some more experimenting I finally got it.

Note to anybody else who is scratching their head - this is what I got after testing some combinations of the above anwer:

If I want to make shortcuts from the Joomla menu, and retain the filter to order the products, I must choose 1) Shop for the menu type, and then in the settings "Show" I have to choose 2) Category/category, and in the field below it (Category ID) I have to fill in the corresponding number for the category/subcategory I want.

Btw, using the vendor ID field and inserting a vendor ID instead of category ID in the category field will only lead to a 404.

Apparently the Products menu type only shows the products without the possibility to order by name, price etc.

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.