I want to change registration field options and confirmation email salutation

02.11.2011 11:57
radioguide
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Dan
I want to change registration field options and confirmation email

Hi all,

Just starting to get to grips with Joomshopping, and have a couple of queries.

We are based in the UK, but the order form asks for Zip and State, instead of Post Code and County, how can I change these fields (I have looked in the 'Fields registration' section)?

Also I wanted to change the confirmation email that gets sent out to customers who have ordered. It currently says Dear "Steve" (or whatever the first name is), which is fine, but if a customer puts their initial then its says Dear "S"! I want it to say Dear "Mr White" picking up on the salutation and the surname. How can i do this?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

Letzte Änderung: 02.11.2011 15:20

03.11.2011 10:26
wojtas
Name: Wojtek Witkowski
Aw: I want to change registration field options and confirmation email salutation

Can someone from the authors respond the query, please? I am also interested in changing address lines from American-like to British-like. I had a quick look and it seems that this is impossible (I have noticed that this is a common answer in this forum btw :) ). Though I can be wrong. Anyway, it seems that the only solution is changing labels directly in the PHP code, so I am going to do.

Letzte Änderung: 03.11.2011 11:21

03.11.2011 11:36
radioguide
Aw: I want to change registration field options and confirmation email salutation

wojtas,

I did try changing all the 'Zip code' entries in the php file for 'post code' but i still couldn't get it to work?!

Letzte Änderung: 03.11.2011 12:04

03.11.2011 11:57
wojtas

Dan

You have probably changed it in a wrong place.
Try in {MAIN_Codebase}/Components/com_jshopping/lang/en-GB.php:
replace:
define('_JSHOP_ZIP', 'Zip');
with
define('_JSHOP_ZIP', 'Postal Code');
As you can see it is showing correctly on Shipping Address tab in Checkout:

Letzte Änderung: 24.10.2016 16:26

03.11.2011 12:05
radioguide

Thanks mate I will try that.

03.11.2011 12:55
radioguide

Wojtek, you are the man! Thanks that worked a treat!

Still looking to change the confirmation email though so if anyone can offer a solution I would be most appreciative.

03.11.2011 17:00
wojtas

No problem Dan

I am becoming en expert in this App :), by accident. Someone from my company hastily decided to use this app as an e-shop and now I have to struggle.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to use Salutations in this app. First of all they are limited to just two items and it is not easy to add more as salutations are stored as an array of constants in PHP (not in the DB)
Secondly the developers didn't bother (or maybe this will be implemented in a future version) to provide a way to use it at all. In other words Salutations are entered on Checkout form then stored in the DB and ... that's it. They are not used anywhere else.

So some changes in PHP are required. You can do this by yourself if you are fimiliar with PHP.

Regards

Wojtek

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.