Short Description - it is too long

22.06.2012 15:50
mikeburton_2000
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Mike Burton
Short Description - it is too long

Is there a way that the short description that appears can be limited to X number of characters. I would like the short description to be limited to 50 characters with ... at the end.

Let us imagine I wanted to limit the number of characters shown in the short description to 50, before the Star Rating, Comment link and Buy button appear. I would like this to be done without me having to count the characters in every short description.

For example. My current short description reads: "Bulldog CC100 Autoclamp Adjustable Wheel Clamp for Cars, Caravans and Motorhomes."

Without having to go into every items short description and manually remove all the characters after the 50th one I would like a way of producing the following as an example:
"Bulldog CC100 Autoclamp Adjustable Wheel Clamp for..."

The reason I want it to be shortened is to make sure that all the products displayed in the grid (currently set to 9 (3 rows of 3)) have the BUY and Details links at the same level.

I hope my description is clear enough for someone to be able to help me.

Joomla: 2.5.0
JoomShopping: 3.4.2
PHP: 5.0
MySQL: 5.0
Website Url: www.secureleisurestorage.com

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.