[Suggestion] Change updating method

20.04.2011 22:53
Ch3vr0n
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Ch3vr0n
[Suggestion] Change updating method

Right now when jshopping has a new version, there is no way to update the installation via the extension manager. If i try it i get this

* Installation component: Another component already uses the folder: /home/<snip>/domains/<snip>/public_html/components/com_jshopping
* Fout bij installeren component

Is there a way to have the ability to update by simply installing the new component from within joomla ? Cause to update now i have to uninstall then reinstall the new component and in doing so the settings, articles, ... all get whiped clean.

20.04.2011 22:57
admin
(Support Team)
User admin
Name: Admin
Aw: [Suggestion] Change updating method

http://www.webdesigner-profi.de/joomla-webdesign/joomla-shop/forum/posts/7/286.html

21.04.2011 01:32
Ch3vr0n
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Ch3vr0n
Aw: [Suggestion] Change updating method

Aha so thats the way, but for some reason, it doesnt work for me at joomla 1.6. Installed a clean 3.0.0, followed the update link and uploaded the new full package. i got the message "complete" but the version still showed 3.0.0

** edit **

nvm, followed the correct procedure, just uploaded the wrong package. I did notice a new "admin" folder on my ftp root that wasnt there before. Shouldnt the files in there be in the "administrator" folder ?

Letzte Änderung: 21.04.2011 02:25

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.