Menus with Category / Sub-Category

04.06.2011 00:08
Tupman
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Sarah
Menus with Category / Sub-Category

Hi there,

I apologise in advance if I'm missing some obvious documentation about how the core menu/menu items/modules work...

But I'm trying to get my shop to show a menu of top categories:
Kitchen, Living Room, Bedroom

Inside these 'rooms' I have sub-categories, and then the products are allocated to these subcategories.

To get it to work I'm currently using menu item alias that link to a category to show the subcategories. But I understand there is a menu item type 'Shop' and a Categories module, but I don't know the steps I should take to get all this to show in the manner it should, and for it to be incoporated with Joomlas breadcrumb module, as currently it remains on 'home' as soon as I've selected a sub-category.

I tried creating a menu item of type Shop, but when I click this menu item it shows all the categories I have created within joomshopping.

If there is some tutorial guidance in english I'd appreciate being directed.

Help!

Thanks

Joomla: 1.6.3
JoomShopping: 3.1.3

04.06.2011 01:17
Tupman
Aw: Menus with Category / Sub-Category

Sorry I hadn't worked out the link between the categories module and the menu item shop.

Having fixed this problem, I wondered if there was anyway of identifying the items in the list of the categories in the Categories module uniquely?

E.g. Joomla wraps each menu item in a li#item-103 so it is possible to do things individually to a menu item e.g. set a different background image dependent on the menu item name.

Any suggestions on how it would be possible to edit the module content even if it's a hard hack so it wouldnt automatically work if you added new categories?

Thanks

04.06.2011 01:53
Tupman

Possible solution:

Find the default.php in the mod_jshopping_categories/tmpl folder, and add in a div like this:

<div class= "<?php print "item"?><?php print $curr->category_id?>">
after <div class = "<?php print $class?>">

And put in a close div before/after the </div> at the bottom.

In your CSS do something like:

.jshop_menu_level_0 .cat4, .jshop_menu_level_0_a .cat4{
background-image:url(pic.jpg);
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position: right;
}

13.01.2012 02:58
sako_13
Name: sako

same problem please help:(

Joomla: 1.7
JoomShopping: 3.4

14.02.2012 15:31
gahFeemkeebRa
Name: gahFeemkeebRa
karen millen dresses

Owner would like to thank .

Website Url: http://www.karenmillendressonline.co.uk

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.