[SOLVED] LOGIN creates ERR_INVALID_REDIRECT

31.01.2018 16:48
le5
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: le5 GmbH
[SOLVED] LOGIN creates ERR_INVALID_REDIRECT / Joomla 3.8.4 Update

I had a very strange Error on 2 from my 3 JoomShopping Customers.
As soon you wanted to login as customer, you would get a Browser Error (not from Webserver)!

This occured with the new Joomla Update 3.8.4!
With Joomla 3.8.3 everything worked! (I tested it several times)

So now where was the Problem?

From old habits, when I use SSL, I allways have the rewrite rule in my .htaccess to switch to SSL.
In Joomla Configuration -> Server you also have the possibilty, that Joomla should allways use SSL.
This I had also activated.

Everything worked in the shop. I could add products to the cart, etc. Just the JoomShopping Login, when provided with a correct user and password, would generate this ugly error. Google just says ERR_INVALID_REDIRECT (In Debug F12 you dont see any further information). In Firefox you get some Message like "You violated the network protocol..." but at least you see in Debug a 301 Error.

I really checked out the Login Form, which was not total actual (JoomShopping Login 4.0.1).
So I had multiple possibilties where the Problem could have been.

But as I said, restoring a Joomla 3.8.3 would solve it.
Even update the JoomShopping Login 4.0.2 wouldnt make a diffrence.

So at the end, I had that feeling it's an endless loop.
So checked also the joomla component for redirection (deactivated it).

It looks like, there is some Problem with .htaccess redirects and Joomla Configuration -> Server SSL redirect.

I solved it at the end to DEACTIVATE the Joomla SSL redirection and just do it over .htaccess.

Don't if any other user had this problem. But hopefully it will help, if you get some strange errors after update Joomla 3.8.4!

Best regards

Pawel

Joomla: 3.8.4
JoomShopping: 4.16.3
PHP: 7.1.x

Letzte Änderung: 31.01.2018 16:51

02.02.2018 11:45
kovoks
Name: kovoks
Aw: [SOLVED] LOGIN creates ERR_INVALID_REDIRECT

I can confirm this behaviour.

02.02.2018 11:50
kovoks
Name: kovoks
Aw: [SOLVED] LOGIN creates ERR_INVALID_REDIRECT

Thank you so much Pawel, we had exactly this problem with a clients site. You saved our skin, we searched for hours... Thanks for posting this message,
Kind regards, Marijke

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.