Aw: Error Messages are Not popping up
Unfortunately, my developer site is not accessible from the outside. And a screenshot wouldn't help you much I think. Down here I will lay out an example. Thank you very much in advance for looking into it!
* A registered customer exists, with email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
* There is a new customer, me, that wants to purchase something without registering.
* I fill out the address form (step2) with all the correct data, using the email address email@example.com.
* I submit the form, and I get served with the same form already filled in. I have to guess there is an error. Usually, when I forget a field, it turns yellow or something. Nothing like that now. Anyway, since I am also the administrator, I know by now the error is in the email address already being in use.
* So I use another e-mail address and everything goes well until step 5, at which point I click on the General Terms link. It gives me a popup window with location 'index.php/index/content/view/agb?tmpl=component'. Surprisingly, the contents of this window are a collection of all the error messages I should have been getting up until now. Upon opening the General Terms link again, the messages are gone.
* Finally, completing the order works as it should.