Error Messages are Not popping up

01.09.2011 19:48
taydawg197
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Jim Jones
Error Messages are Not popping up

Hello,

Im having an issue with error messages not popping up. For example if a user trys to add 100 products to their cart and the max quantity is 50 nothing happens to let the user know this. I then saw that the error was being written out randomly on the return policy page.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

11.09.2011 21:13
bladiebla
Name: Name
Aw: Error Messages are Not popping up

Same problem here.

Seems that there should be a popup with the error message. Error message disappears after one time viewing. Popup is not triggered. It is triggered however when viewing the general terms, which apparently uses the same mechanism.

Joomla 1.7 default install

11.09.2011 21:27
admin
(Support Team)
User admin
Name: Admin

Url?
Screenshot?

11.09.2011 21:52
bladiebla

Unfortunately, my developer site is not accessible from the outside. And a screenshot wouldn't help you much I think. Down here I will lay out an example. Thank you very much in advance for looking into it!

* A registered customer exists, with email address alreadyused@mail.com.
* There is a new customer, me, that wants to purchase something without registering.
* I fill out the address form (step2) with all the correct data, using the email address alreadyused@mail.com.
* I submit the form, and I get served with the same form already filled in. I have to guess there is an error. Usually, when I forget a field, it turns yellow or something. Nothing like that now. Anyway, since I am also the administrator, I know by now the error is in the email address already being in use.
* So I use another e-mail address and everything goes well until step 5, at which point I click on the General Terms link. It gives me a popup window with location 'index.php/index/content/view/agb?tmpl=component'. Surprisingly, the contents of this window are a collection of all the error messages I should have been getting up until now. Upon opening the General Terms link again, the messages are gone.
* Finally, completing the order works as it should.

Joomla: 1.7
JoomShopping: 3.2.7
PHP: 5.3.5-1ubuntu7.2
MySQL: 5.1.54

12.09.2011 00:16
Steffen Werner
Name: Steffen Werner

Hello,
I have the same problem.
I need to have more information within a product. Therefore I use "free attributes", which is working fine. But missing one of these attributes should create an errormessage, which I cannot see.

URL: http://2011.vs-server.de/index.php/online/ticketshop/product/view/10/8

Joomla: 1.7.0
JoomShopping: 3.2.1
Website Url: http://2011.vs-server.de

12.09.2011 07:55
admin
(Support Team)
User admin
Name: Admin

Add to template Joomla

<jdoc:include type="message" />

Последнее изменение: 12.09.2011 07:57

12.09.2011 12:52
bladiebla

Great, solved!
Many thanks.

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.