Show products from subcategories

03.09.2011 13:31
mavik
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: mavik
Show products from subcategories

I need show products from category with all subcategories.
I did it this way:

In file tables/category.php

FIND (about line 173):

$query = "SELECT prod.product_id, categ.category_id, prod.`".$lang->get('name')."` as name, prod.`".$lang->get('short_description')."` as short_description, prod.product_ean, prod.product_thumb_image, prod.product_price, prod.product_tax_id as tax_id, prod.product_old_price, prod.product_weight, prod.average_rating, prod.reviews_count, prod.hits, prod.weight_volume_units, prod.basic_price_unit_id, prod.label_id, prod.product_manufacturer_id, prod.product_weight, prod.min_price, prod.product_quantity, prod.different_prices $adv_result
FROM `#__jshopping_products` AS prod
LEFT JOIN `#__jshopping_products_to_categories` AS categ USING (product_id)
$adv_from
WHERE categ.category_id = '".$this->_db->getEscaped($this->category_id)."' AND prod.product_publish = '1' ".$adv_query;

REPLACE TO:

$categories = $this->getAllSubcatogories($this->category_id);
$query = "SELECT prod.product_id, max(categ.category_id) as category_id, prod.`".$lang->get('name')."` as name, prod.`".$lang->get('short_description')."` as short_description, prod.product_ean, prod.product_thumb_image, prod.product_price, prod.product_tax_id as tax_id, prod.product_old_price, prod.product_weight, prod.average_rating, prod.reviews_count, prod.hits, prod.weight_volume_units, prod.basic_price_unit_id, prod.label_id, prod.product_manufacturer_id, prod.product_weight, prod.min_price, prod.product_quantity, prod.different_prices $adv_result
FROM `#__jshopping_products` AS prod
LEFT JOIN `#__jshopping_products_to_categories` AS categ USING (product_id)
$adv_from
WHERE categ.category_id IN ($categories) AND prod.product_publish = '1' GROUP BY prod.product_id ".$adv_query;

FIND (about line 222):

$query = "SELECT count(pr_cat.product_id) FROM `#__jshopping_products_to_categories` AS pr_cat
INNER JOIN `#__jshopping_products` AS prod ON pr_cat.product_id = prod.product_id
WHERE pr_cat.category_id = '".$this->_db->getEscaped($this->category_id)."' ".$adv_query;

REPLACE TO:

$categories = $this->getAllSubcatogories($this->category_id);
$query = "SELECT count(DISTINCT prod.product_id) FROM `#__jshopping_products_to_categories` AS pr_cat
LEFT JOIN `#__jshopping_products` AS prod ON pr_cat.product_id = prod.product_id
WHERE pr_cat.category_id IN ($categories) ".$adv_query;

BEFORE
}
?>
ADD

/*
* Get category id with all subcategories ids
*/
function getAllSubcatogories($id) {
$categories = array();
$newCategories = array($id);
do {
$categories = array_merge($categories, $newCategories);
$categoriesStr = implode(',', $newCategories);
$query = "SELECT category_id FROM #__jshopping_categories WHERE category_parent_id IN ($categoriesStr)";
$this->_db->setQuery($query);
$newCategories = $this->_db->loadResultArray();
} while (!empty($newCategories));
return implode(',', $categories);
}

In file controller/category.php

FIND

addLinkToProducts($products, $category_id);

REPLACE TO

addLinkToProducts($products);

for links to categories of products.

Can you add showing of products from subcategories in future versions?

Joomla: 1.7
JoomShopping: 3.2.6

05.02.2013 11:18
9intro
Name: 9intro
Aw: Show products from subcategories

Searching over the net to do the same thing I found this post and also I found a plugin that does the same thing and it does very well. The name of this plugin is "JoomShopping - Product To Parent Category" and I found it on the Joomla Extensions directory. However the links for download it and the author's website are broken, but finally I found it in the next link:
http://www.tsikoliya.ru/internet-kommertsiya-joomla/2200-joomshopping-product-to-parent-category.html

Also I will attach the .zip containing the plugin in this post because I consider that it would be helpful to have this here if someone see this post in the future.
Ah, I forget to say that this extension is for Joomla 2.5. And also I leave here a link if anyone wants to see how is working it on the website that I'm doing now:
http://www.musicpasion.com/
addon_jshopping_product_to_parent_category_v.3.72.1.5.zip

Letzte Änderung: 05.02.2013 11:22

27.06.2013 20:51
anderscarlen
Name: Anders Carlén
Aw: Show products from subcategories

Thank you! This post helps a lot!

(I still think this feature should be included in JoomShopping from the start, possibly with the option of turning it on/off. )

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. All Rights Reserved