Blank line appears on pages with JoomShopping

18.09.2011 22:46
hitko
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: hitko
Blank line appears on pages with JoomShopping

I have a problem: wherever I use joomShopping component or one of it's parts, there is a blank line somewhere on my page (usually right after <body> or at the beginning of page content before <div class="jshop">). This line appears because there is an unknown character in generated html code that is noticeable if you go through the code using left and right arrow (when you do that, you notice that on certain position you have to press arrow twice to move the pointer, that's because of this hidden character) or if you copy-paste the code in software like notepad++ where this character is displayed as quest mark. I believe this character gets in code when server runs one of JomShopping .php scripts, because it only appears on pages with JoomShopping or it's modules. Oh, and when this line appears after <body> tag, header content is displayed at the beginning of the body content instead of in head. I've got this error on several different servers, on several Joomla! 1.6.x and 1.7 installations and with all versions of JoomShopping since 3.0.0.
Link to my latest site where I have these problems (It's Joomla! 1.7 clean install with JoomShopping) 3.2.5: http://kongregacija.com/index.php/trgovina

Joomla: 1.7
JoomShopping: 3.2.5
PHP: 5.3.4 (It also appeared on 5.2.14)
MySQL: 5.1.56
Website Url: http://kongregacija.com/index.php/trgovina

Letzte Änderung: 18.09.2011 22:49

19.09.2011 07:56
admin
(Support Team)
User admin
Name: Admin
Aw: Blank line appears on pages with JoomShopping

Save file as utf-8 without bom

19.09.2011 18:17
hitko
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: hitko
Aw: Blank line appears on pages with JoomShopping

Well, it worked. After I changed EVERY SINGLE JOOMSHOPPING .PHP FILE ENCODING to utf-8 without BOM. Even using .bat script to do that, it took me like half of the century just to make the script. Why don't you guys do that when you're creating this extension? It's not just the "blank line problem" that's causing, it's also causing some serious errors with main functions, like showing errors when users want to place the order. Anyway, thanks for the advice. Oh, btw, since BOM in code should be ignored by browser, does anyone has an idea why all the latest browsers (for instance, in IE8 and older versions of chrome & FF page used to be displayed correctly with exactly the same code) show it as character, ruining the page and causing errors?

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.