Displaying new product detail on product pages

15.02.2012 07:12
Alexcl
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Alex
Displaying new product detail on product pages

Hello,

I have recently installed the Joomshopping component on my website (J1.7) and it has been great.
It suits all my needs pretty well, except for one thing:

I want to be able to display a date on the product overview and the product detail pages.

So far, I have managed to make all the necessary adjustments in the backend of the shop. I added a new field to the product details tab that is writing the formatted date to a new column in the _products table. That is all working fine.

I am, however, struggling with the front end. For some reason I can't figure out how to display the data from this new field on the product pages.
Until now, I have mostly been fiddling with the product_default.php file. I have tried using the basic structure of the other elements, as well as things I used to use in J1.5, but none of these things seem to work.

Could someone explain how this should be done? Or at least get me onto the right track?

Thanks!

Joomla: 1.7
JoomShopping: 3.4.2
PHP: 5.3.3

24.02.2012 16:56
Alexcl
Name: Alex
Aw: Displaying new product detail on product pages

Managed to solve it myself!

25.02.2012 02:38
swissa
Name: swissandy
Aw: Displaying new product detail on product pages

Alexcl - 24.02.2012 16:56
Managed to solve it myself!

Foy anyone else looking to do this could you post your solution please?

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.