Orders not written to the database

17.09.2012 15:38
zokipc
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Zoran
Orders not written to the database

Hi, is there anyone with a similar problem? Everything worked well, I was developing a website using a rather old version of jShopping. I updated the WAMP server and I am currently using PHP 5.4.2. Joomla is updated to 2.5.7 and jShopping to the latest version 3.11.0. However, at some point, everything just stopped working; not sure which of the updates did this, but I tried various combinations and none seem to work for me - jShopping 3.7.0-3.11.0 (tried all versions, updated step by step, version by version, from a previous backup) simply don't create orders in the database with either PHP 5.2.17, 5.3 or 5.4.2. I also tried turning off the SEO component, since it can sometimes cause problems, but it won't work this way either.
Is there a known bug that causes the component to behave like this? I haven't modified any od the .php files, only language, so the problem is really strange.

Thanks in advance to any kind of help.

PS the checkout procedure itself works flawlessly - I guess there is something wrong with the final step (write to database; send email) only. The component even prints a proper "thank you for your order" message.

Joomla: 2.5.7
JoomShopping: 3.11
PHP: 5.4.2 / 5.3 / 5.2.17

17.09.2012 16:02
admin
(Support Team)
User admin
Name: Admin
Aw: Orders not written to the database

Enable debug mode joomla (See errors)

17.09.2012 16:29
zokipc

Ahhh it's as if my brain stopped working, I totally forgot about the debug mode - usually I have no problems with Joomla and I've used it only once :)

You're a lifesaver anyway, though I haven't solved the problem completely, I'm on the right track :) The updated version is using a somewhat different set of database tables. There were probably instructions somewhere on your website on how to update the tables, but I must've missed them :(

What I must do now is find a way to manually update the tables and reimport the existing data. What is important is that the orders are now in the database, however there is a backend error while accessing the order table - the cause is the same, so updating the tables will solve it.

Thanks again!!

17.09.2012 17:13
zokipc

One more thing - if ANYONE ever encounters the same problems, I managed to solve this by importing empty #__jshopping_ord* (total of 4 tables) from the latest version of jShopping. Lost all the orders though, but it is possible to keep them by only adding the missing attributes via external tool such as PHPMyAdmin. Also, in #__order_status, I had to add the name_sr-YU attribute because it was gone, not sure why. Translated the 7 order statuses easily and voila - eveything is working perfectly.

Thanks once again.

Cheers!

17.09.2012 21:05
admin
(Support Team)
User admin
Name: Admin

How did you do the upgrade.

Update includes all changes to the database

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.