Menu Link to Category with Clean URL?

21.05.2011 23:47
Tupman
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Sarah
Menu Link to Category with Clean URL?

Hi there,

I have Joomla 1.6 and have installed the compatible version of JoomShopping as my shopping cart mechanism.

Due to the language barrier with some of the topics, I'm sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but is it possible to link a Menu Item to a category from JoomShopping?

It seems this was possible when using the Joomla 1.5/Compatible JoomShopping, as it appear as a Type for the Menu Item.

If this currently isn't possible, is there any way of getting around it? A clean URL structure is high priority for my client unfortunately. e.g. kitchen/cutlery/fork.php

Kitchen and Cutlery being Categories, and Kitchen being a Menu Item. By using the JShopping Category module, the links are more like:
component/jshopping/bathroom?Itemid=101

Thanks!

Joomla: 1.6.3
JoomShopping: 3.1.3

21.05.2011 23:57
admin
(Support Team)
User admin
Name: Admin
Aw: Menu Link to Category with Clean URL?

1. Create menu main category.
2. open phpmyadmin, table jos_menu
3. change field link

22.05.2011 00:26
Tupman
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Sarah
Aw: Menu Link to Category with Clean URL?

webdesigner - 21.05.2011 23:57
1. Create menu main category.
2. open phpmyadmin, table jos_menu
3. change field link

Thankyou so much for such a speedy response!

This has definately half solved my problem. Is there a specific Menu Item type I should select, I've currently chosen "List all Categories", but having applied this to all my Menu Items, it does what it says and lists all categories and sub-categories made in JoomShopping Categories, including the ones that are not relevent. Is there a way of of the link only showing the relevent sub-categories?

EDIT - Sorry, it isn't loading anything from the JoomShopping Categories, it's listing the original ones I create within Joomla itself. I'm assuming the Menu Item type is key to getting it display the content of the forced URL.

Thanks again

Last change: 22.05.2011 00:31

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.