Edit Registration Email... Where?

23.11.2011 15:14
Matt-Bucon
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Matt-Bucon
Edit Registration Email... Where?

Hi,

As the title says, where can I edit the email that is sent to the new user that has just registered?

At the moment it just states the first name, and I want it to state the Surname. If you just put in an inital (like M) it will come up as "Dear Initial" (Dear M) which isnt suitable. Also in the subject field of the email it states "Account Details For Initial (M) at Domain.com", which again, I would like to change.

I have looked through a lot of files, made many changes in many different php files, but cannot find this one.
Could someone please point in the correct direction.

Kind Regards,
Matt

29.11.2011 12:23
Matt-Bucon
Aw: Edit Registration Email... Where?

I like how I try To Get Attention To My Posts, Which Are Just Deleted That Night!

Anyway, I have found this,

define('_JSHOP_USEND_MSG_ACTIVATE', 'Hello %s.
Thank you for registering at %s. Your account is created and must be activated before you can use it.
To activate the account click on the following link or copy-paste it in your browser:
%s

After activation you may login to %s using the following username and password:

Username - %s
Password - %s');
define('_JSHOP_USEND_MSG', "Hello %s.

Thank you for registering at %s.

You may now login to %s using the username and password you registered with.");

Where does the $s get pulled from? How can I change it to show the surname and not the first name?

Letzte Änderung: 29.11.2011 12:24

29.11.2011 16:47
admin
(Support Team)
User admin
Name: Admin

See
\components\com_jshopping\controllers\user.php

function registersave(){

}

30.11.2011 12:22
Matt-Bucon

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I can change it to username by changing the line 285
from
$data['name'] = JRequest::getVar("f_name");

to
$data['name'] = JRequest::getVar("u_name");

which sends the email to the usrename which is ok, but I cannot get it to load the full name.

Then when you go into user menu the "name" that Joomla has use to setup the client is the username used in the registration form.
Is there a small error in the registration form?
If i had not modified the script, and just put in "m" for the first name, the name that gets entered into the Joomla User Manager would be "m"...

Please, could you also look at my otehr question here - http://www.webdesigner-profi.de/joomla-webdesign/joomla-shop/forum/posts/11/2183.html?lang=en

Thank you and kind regards,
Matt

01.05.2013 08:14
Pipsov
Name: Baron
Where can I edit the text?

Would you please help me find where this message is? I want to edit the text a user sees when activating an account. thanks

define('_JSHOP_USEND_MSG_ACTIVATE', 'Hello %s.
Thank you for registering at %s. Your account is created and must be activated before you can use it.
To activate the account click on the following link or copy-paste it in your browser:
%s

Joomla: 2.5.8

Letzte Änderung: 01.05.2013 08:27

https://www.bcon.lt

01.05.2013 08:32
admin
(Support Team)
User admin
Name: Admin

components\com_jshopping\lang\...

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.