Attributes as download files - files missing when customers download

06.05.2013 09:19
maschenfang
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Katrin Mühlenbeck
Attributes as download files - files missing when customers download

Hi there,

we created attributes for our download files like you explained me a few days ago (here in the forum). Now ... a huge problem appears but only to new created product. I did some screenshots to explain the problem. First of all: All "old" products that we modified with the attributes and its own files are working fine, no problems so far. But when we create new products and modify them with uploading the files into the attributes, it doesn't work. Our customers don't get all the files at the download, some of the files that belongs to the product will not be in there for download. Always are those files missing which do apply to ALL attributes of this product. The special files in each attribute are available for the customer.

Here are the screenshots of how we create the products and modify them:

1. I copy a product in a certain category to modify it for the new product (I've got the feeling that this is causing the problems, but why should't it? It's a short cut that should't work I guess). The product gets its new title, description, ID, price etc. Then I move on to step

2. I move on to the Attribute page (A) and choose all the Attributes for this product (B), save (C) and then the links are available to upload the files for each attribute (D).
Attributes as download files -  files missing when customers download

06.05.2013 09:29
maschenfang
Aw: Attributes as download files - files missing when customers download

... because I cannot upload more than one picture in my article here, I go ahead with a new one for each screenshot. Hope that is okay for you...

3. I upload the files that applies do each single attribute (E). So the exp attribute gets the EXP files, the hus Attribute gets the HUS files and so on (there are embroidery machine files for different embroidery machine brands ...just saying). THOSE files will be available for the customer after they paid ... the download works fine.
Aw: Attributes as download files -  files missing when customers download

06.05.2013 09:39
maschenfang

... last screenshot ...

4. Then I move on to "Files". There I upload all files which apply to all attributes, they are the same for each. (F). When I've done this, I click on "Save & Close". Here appears the 1st of the few problems. Because: THOSE files are not available for download if a customer bought a product and paid via paypal. The customer gets the files which are save in attributes - if he choose the EXP in the drop down list in the article, he will get the exp files. But he didn't get the jpg and pdf which applies do each attribute.

And there is another problem (which I mentioned in the entry post when I talked about the "copied" products):

All products I've created yesterday going the way via "copy" and modify, where faulty in the attributes. I couldn't create the attributes without at least 4 to 5 trials with close and open the product again and even close and open the browser again and login to the backend again. After a few attempts I can finally upload the files. But THEN the attribute files in the "mother" product (the one I used to get a copy for the new one) has the same files in its attributes like the new product. Which is wrong because it is a different embroidery design.

... Did I confuse you? Sorry for that. I will try the way of going via "Create a new product" without using another one, that should't solve the last problem. But it is a DERTOUR, I would say.
Aw: Attributes as download files -  files missing when customers download

06.05.2013 10:28
admin
(Support Team)
User admin
Name: Admin

Will be fixed later.

06.05.2013 10:36
maschenfang

Ah, thanks. So it was not our mistake or wrong way to create a product. Good to know, wait for your feedback. Thank you very much.

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.