Category view in backend configuration

09.05.2013 11:04
ivanivanov1901
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Ivan
Category view in backend configuration

Hallo!

I am using jommshopping 3.13.2. I use categories to create product groups (lists of similar goods) as there is no such entity in jshopping. Therefore there are a lot of categories and subcategories (300+). I need to sort these categories manually (as there are no characteristics that can be aplied to categories). And it is really a headache. Each time i manually change ordering, the page reloades and brings me to the top.

I know, that prior to joomshopping 3.12 there was no tree view, but there were links to subcategories as now there are to products. That type of view could help me manage categoriea a little better. I changed the files in administrator\components\com_jshopping\views\category\tmpl to the old ones from jshopping 3.11.4, but the view doesn't work correctly - all categoriea appear on one level, having no subcategories. Please tell me, can I switch back to the old view without hard coding?

If I am missing some aesy way to do what i need to, plese lead me to that way )))
Maybe there is a way to add filters to backend category view, like in joomla article manager? That also would help.

Thank you

Joomla: 2.5
JoomShopping: 3.13.2

28.05.2013 14:19
ivanivanov1901
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Ivan
Aw: Category view in backend configuration

Maybe the question was too easy to give a reply... Anyway, my knowledge of MVC concept upgraded, that is the good point.
I have found the solution to get back the backend of jshopping 3.11.4 into 3.13.2, which is suitable for me.
You have to copy not only the view php files from administrator\components\com_jshopping\views\category\tmpl but also the controller file categories.php from administrator\components\com_jshopping\controllers.
The model php files changed also. But ther are only new functions, no need to replace that file.

I think it is no good to cut off good functions when adding new. I wish there was a way to use both the tree view and to limit the categories by parent category id. It is not hard to implement.

Joomshopping is still the best e-commerce for joomla! Thank you for it.

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.