User name

13.06.2013 10:51
ToomuchRoma
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Steve Rothman
User name

Dear JoomShopping,

My website with your program is now on line since one month.

When building the site, I was not happy with the fact that the only way a user could register was by creating a USER NAME. I feel that this is not the way that most websites let users log in. Having to create USER NAMES for many websites (and remember them) is complicated for many. Most websites now ask users their EMAIL address to log in.

I therefore asked my web designers to alter your program and ask for the EMAIL address when creating an account. On all screens where USER NAME was required, now it says EMAIL (but obviously a user can just create a user id that is not an email address).

The problem is that I now find that this field is limited to a certain number of characters. The email field is not. What is happening, is that some users have very long email addresses, and when they enter in their email address in this field, some of the last letters get 'cut off'.

Can you tell me where in the program I can change this limit to the number of characters in the USER NAME (which for me has become email?) I would like to make it UNLIMITED.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Too much, Roma

Joomla: 2.5.8
JoomShopping: 3.13.2
Website Url: www.toomuch.it

13.06.2013 16:48
admin
(Support Team)
User admin
Name: Admin
Aw: User name

Change table
jos_users
field username varchar(150)

jos_jshopping_users
field u_name varchar(150)

13.06.2013 19:34
ToomuchRoma

Thank you for your answer, but can you give me the exact path where I can find these 2 files to change?

administrator\etc...

Best regards,

Too much, Rome

13.06.2013 21:26
admin
(Support Team)
User admin

database.

Use phpmyadmin.

13.06.2013 23:34
ToomuchRoma

This is certainly beyond my capabilities. I am not a web designer, but just a simple shop owner.

I assume that you are saying that there is no path to change this, and I need a computer expert to do this.

I checked the path:

www.toomuch.it\administrator\DATABASE

and I can not see what file to open/change.

I would not know the first thing about installing and using myphpadmin.

Is there no other relatively simple/easy way to change this parameter?

Thanks,

Too much, Rome

14.06.2013 07:57
admin
(Support Team)
User admin

No.

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.