Selecting Category For Menu Link

03.03.2011 21:42
techland
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Vince
Selecting Category For Menu Link

Hi Support

I hate coming to you for something so basic, i'm sure this is covered somewhere on your site but i can't find it due to a language barrier.

I'm trying to create a menu item in joomla to point to a specific joomshopping category. When i select link type of jshopping-shop i can't change the URL (even if i knew what to put in there).

i thought it might be something like:
http://www.niceapproach.com/style/index.php?option=com_jshopping&controller=category&category_id=1
but that still takes me to the default top level of the shop.

I'm sure there's an easier way that having to use an external URL?

Thanks in advance
Vince

Joomla: Joomla! 1.6.0 Stable [ Onward ] 10-Jan-2011 23:00 GMT
JoomShopping: JoomShopping-3.0.0
PHP: 5.2.42-servage17
MySQL: 5.0.85-log
Website Url: http://www.niceapproach.com/style/index.php?option=com_jshopping&controller=category&category_id=1

04.03.2011 06:54
Acqua
Name: Beatrice Isaac
Aw: Selecting Category For Menu Link

Did you set up categories in Joomshopping?
I was able to select a specific JS category in Joomlas menu manager. You just have to enter the category's ID.

04.03.2011 07:35
admin
(Support Team)
User admin
Name: Admin

For joomla 1.6 is not possible now to create a link to a category
use an external URL
/index.php?option=com_jshopping&controller=category&task=view&category_id=*&Itemid=*

04.03.2011 10:38
techland
Name: Vince

Thanks for getting back to me. The external link workaround has given me the product display that i was after. However this now leads onto another problem with URL's. Hopefully this will make sense:

1. I've configured 4 menu items all with the same link. The resulting URL seems different for the first item...

Bikes:
index.php?option=com_jshopping&controller=category&task=view&category_id=1
shown as
http://www.niceapproach.com/style/index.php/component/jshopping/bikes?Itemid=482

Scooters:
index.php?option=com_jshopping&controller=category&task=view&category_id=2
shown as
http://www.niceapproach.com/style/index.php/scooters/scooters

I tried to delete the Bikes menu item and copy the scooters menu item, but the URL stayed the same with the jshopping/bikes?itemid=xxx.

2. Using the External URL method also has another consequence. When a menu is selected my Joomla template highlights on the top menu which page is selected. This works for a "jshopping type" menu but not for the External URL type menu.

I can't help thinking if i was just able to edit the URL when selecting the jshopping type menu I'd be able to fix this one. However the first problem seems a little more like a bug?

Thanks in advance
Vince

08.09.2011 02:48
ebonney
Name: Elizabeth Bonney

I have set-up menu items using "Products" as the menu type. I then choose Show: category/category (changes to staticpage when I hit save) and enter the category ID. This does not seem to work in all cases. It sometimes will show all my products. Do you know why this might be happening. I have allocated my products to only one category.

Joomla: 1.7
JoomShopping: 3.2.6
Website Url: www.signedinstone.com

08.09.2011 07:52
admin
(Support Team)
User admin

http://www.webdesigner-profi.de/joomla-webdesign/joomla-shop/forum/posts/7/1570.html

09.09.2011 00:28
kevin.riemens
Name: Kevin Riemens

@ Webdesigner:

You post this link everytime someone asks something about the menu. But all these questions refer to the same problem:

In joomla 1.7 your menu assigments don't work!!!
you can choose/select what you want, It will always flip back to "static page"

09.09.2011 08:04
admin
(Support Team)
User admin

just save

24.09.2011 02:58
crystalfairy
Name: Sue Mannings

I'm having the very same problem. I have set up my categories and products in Joomlashopping but when I try to connect to the main menu I create a new menu item with the same name as my main category and click on save as category/category and this reverts to static page after saving and shows nothing on my menu bar. I'd really appreciate some help as I thought it was my download of Joomla first time and now I have reinstalled Joomla and still have the same problem.

JoomShopping: 3.2.6

02.10.2011 17:56
wiresax
Name: Denis Weatherall

I'm using joomshopping 3.2.7 and joomla 1.7 and having the same problem. I use these steps:
1. Create a menu item and choose 'Products' as the Menu Item Type.
2. Select Show->'Category / Category' and select the Caegory ID.
3. Whether I press Save or Save and Close the link is saved as:
'index.php?option=com_jshopping&controller=products&task=view&category_id=4&manufacturer_id=&label_id=&vendor_id=&page='.
4. I then use phpMyAdmin to edit each row in the menu table to change 'controller=products' to 'controller=category'.

Having used other Joomla extensions this one is fantastic, but this bug is creating an awful lot of work.

JoomShopping: 3.2.7

02.10.2011 21:34
admin
(Support Team)
User admin

Create a menu item and choose 'Shop' as the Menu Item Type.

03.10.2011 11:21
wiresax
Name: Denis Weatherall

I selected Menu Item Type = 'Shop' and it displays 'Products'. Under Required Settings I selected Show = 'Category/Category' and I selected the required CategoryID. The Show field displays 'StaticPage' when Save is clicked. The good news, however, is that your suggestion works. It's slightly confusing that the choice the user makes is not displayed when the page is saved. I've worked as a software tester and this to me is a bug. :-(

Thanks for your help!

Again, can I repeat that of the e-commerce extensions I've used this is by far the best.

JoomShopping: 3.2.7

03.10.2011 12:17
admin
(Support Team)
User admin

Yes, this is a bug.

http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=24592

Последнее изменение: 03.10.2011 12:20

04.10.2011 13:21
KatW
Name: KatW
Select category for product issue

HI,
Am new to joomshopping, I am attempting to upload images for products, however continue to get this error "Select category for product", I have created a category within joomshopping but cant find how to link the category with the product. assistance would be appreciated
Thanks

23.02.2012 07:29
shree
Name: rama

Hi.. am too having the same problem... i had created the category and products...and i had created the module as "articles categories" and select the position too... after that i had created menu items as categories and best sellers ..but it is not displaying in the position am selected...

23.02.2012 07:29
shree
Name: rama

Can anybody help me??

01.10.2012 13:50
khurram_mhd
Name: khurram

Just create categories,then go to menu manager, add new menu and add category id.
i used it on www.aminame.com.au

17.06.2013 16:48
savuthchea
Name: savuth
edit jshopping to my name

Hi Supporter,
I would like to ask you that I want to change domainname.com/component/jshopping/category/view/14.html to domainname.com/computer/...

Please help me to guide it.

Many Thanks!

17.06.2013 17:00
admin
(Support Team)
User admin

Set alias for category and product

01.12.2023 18:33
Amigo24
Name: Amigo24

А как сейчас выглядит ссылка на категорию из модуля ?
По логике для Joomshopping 5
$link = JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_jshopping&controller=category&task=view&category_id=' . $category->id);

но SEF неправильный исходит. Т.е ссылка выглядит как href="/component/jshopping/braslety-i-broshi"

UPD. Разобрался.

$link = \JSHelper::SEFLink('index.php?option=com_jshopping&controller=category&task=view&category_id=' . $category->id);

Последнее изменение: 01.12.2023 20:46

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.