Can you "undo" a faulty addon installation?

20.05.2015 21:25
Dingens
User Dingens
Name: Rolf Wagels
Can you "undo" a faulty addon installation?

Hi there,

after I installed the newest JS version (4.9.2) on the newest Joomla version (3.4.1) everything seemed to be alright. While I was fiddling around with the invoice design in "Shop Options", suddenly the "Preview"-button would lead into a blank page. So I stopped that for a while and concentrated on possible addons, such as "Attribute Independent Admin Type". Unfortunately I only realised after installation that this addon is only compatible with Joomla 2.5! I guess that's why I can't open ANY backend page of JS anymore, even though JS with its sub entries is at least still listed under "components". Once I choose ANY of the sub options, a blank page will be shown. After setting Joomla error reporting to "Maximum", the following error message seems to confirm my theorie:

Warning: require_once(/var/www/.................../components/com_jshopping/lang/addon_attr_admin_type/en-GB.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/.................../components/com_jshopping/lib/factory.php on line 261

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/www/.................../components/com_jshopping/lang/addon_attr_admin_type/en-GB.php' (include_path='.:/opt/php/5.4.38/share/pear') in /var/www/.................../components/com_jshopping/lib/factory.php on line 261

After that I even deinstalled JS altogether and reinstalled it afterwards, without any effect.

I know, I made a big mistake in the first place, sorry about that, but would you still be willing to advice me, what to do?

Thank you so much!

Letzte Änderung: 21.05.2015 00:36

21.05.2015 07:34
admin
(Support Team)
User admin
Name: Admin
Aw: Can you "undo" a faulty addon installation?

disable plugin attr_admin_type or similar

Letzte Änderung: 21.05.2015 07:35

21.05.2015 22:03
Dingens
User Dingens
Name: Rolf Wagels
Aw: Can you "undo" a faulty addon installation?

Thank you so much, webdesigner! Dopey me, I did search for "attr_admin", but under "modules" indstead of "plugins"...

Thanks again!

Letzte Änderung: 21.05.2015 22:04

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.