Database error: unknown column "name_xx-XX"

31.08.2017 23:00
shenkwen
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: shenkwen
Database error: unknown column "name_xx-XX"

I am picking up someone else's job, the website is built with Joomla 2.5 and Joomshopping 3.15.3
So far I have successfully upgraded it to 4.16.2 the latest version and Joomla to 3.7.5
There was a problem where 1054 error pops up every time I go to Joomshopping's backend page, says unknown column "G.name_en-GB", I solve it by manually adding a column to table "jshopping_attr_groups".

It has been working for a while until recently I install a new Joomla language (Traditional Chinese) and switch the site language to it. The component itself seems fine, but when I tried to open the "last_product" free module, a similar 1054 error pops up:

1054 Unknown column 'name_zh-TW' in 'field list'

Unlike "name_en-GB", which most tables have it, none of my tables has "name_zh-TW", I am not sure manually adding it to those tables wouldn't create any more problem. Besides, in the product table, I can see all product's names are in "name_en_GB" column. Which means not only adding the column, probably I would have to copy the data in "en" column to the new column. I am not very familiar with Mysql, and don't feel comfortable to directly manipulate database at such a large scale. Not to mention I already feel the database is falling apart by the long and painful upgrading process.

So before diving into fixing the database, I wanna ask if anyone else has faced this kind of problem and how was it fixed? Is there any more "official" way to deal with this language issue?

Joomla: 3.7.5
JoomShopping: 4.16.2
PHP: 7.1.8
MySQL: 5.16.19

Letzte Änderung: 31.08.2017 23:03

01.09.2017 07:59
admin
(Support Team)
User admin
Name: Admin
Aw: Database error: unknown column "name_xx-XX"

Install Update LangFix
https://www.webdesigner-profi.de/joomla-webdesign/joomla-shop/downloads/updates.html?lang=en

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.