SEO requests/advices, you name it. Thank you.

26.03.2012 08:52
orasisd
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: orasis
SEO requests/advices, you name it. Thank you.

Hello, I am impressed by the features of JoomShopping so far, and the way you think as developers. But I would like to mention that a feature I have in mind is missing completely and should be there. Once nowadays SEO is too important for a site on the web. I would like to suggest some things that I think every excellent Joomla! extension should have already.

What I would like to see in JoomShopping for Joomla! 2.5.

1. Options to change file paths in “Configuration > Image / Video ”, such as these:

> Custom Full-Images Path: [/images/custom_full/]
> Custom Thumb-Images Path: [/images/custom_thumbs/]
> Custom Category-Images Path: [/images/custom_cat/]
> Custom Downloadable-Demo-Files Path: [/audio/pub/]
> Custom File-For-Sale Path: [/var/www/clients/client10/web14/web/audio/] (For security, keep it out of the site root/public directory)

The above are very important, especially for already existing sites that want to just switch to JoomShopping, and already have a great ranking on Google with certain image file paths using the previous software. None would like to drop from position #1 on google images and have webmaster tools list 5 pages with errors.
As a result, the following paths will change from this:

/components/com_jshopping/files/img_products/e04a01a4138a5b598b0ea0583266ddf7.jpg
/components/com_jshopping/files/img_products/thumb_e04a01a4138a5b598b0ea0583266ddf7.jpg
/components/com_jshopping/files/img_categories/a9fb89b574c38eca7cb81bb17fa577c6.jpg
/components/com_jshopping/files/demo_products/filename.mp3

to this example:

/images/custom_full/custom_filename_full.jpg
/images/custom_thumb/custom_filename_thumb.jpg
/images/custom_cat/custom_filename_cat.jpg
/audio-demo/filename.mp3

2 . An additional “Options” area at “Products > Images”, titled “Image Filenames” that will allow the following:

> Full Image Filename: [Keep Original | Randomize]
> Thumb Image Filename: [Keep Original | Randomize]

Creating image filenames manually is the way to go for good seo. That breaks by randomizing a filename and is considered “out of this (seo) world”.

3. An option to upload a custom thumb-image plus an option to disable auto-image-resize, cut, etc. An advanced cart software would use “image area selection” for cut, but I am not asking for that. Cut in photoshop, export optimized and upload is excellent, but needs the feature to be there.

4. The Images need to be custom-tagged by the user. Separate tag fields for each product image, such as:

Alt Image Tag: [ ]
Title Image Tag: [ ]
Image Long Description: [ ]
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/objects.html#adef-longdesc-IMG
The above is again one of the most important, if one wants to rank on google images.

5. Add “robots” meta, in product, category, or anywhere that needs metadata. Let us not need to install another seo component just for “noindex” etc.

“Allow” in robots.txt is understood by Google but not every search engine. Disallowing /components/ and allowing /components/com_jshopping/files/img_products/ is not so forward thinking as well.

Those are the very basics, I hope to see them soon really.
Overall, I think I haven't used a better cart for Joomla! so far, and I have gone through many. Keep it free as is, you do a great job, glad you respect foss.

Greetings and have a great day.

Joomla: v2.5.3
JoomShopping: v3.5.1
PHP: prod server: 5.3.10 - dev server: 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.14
MySQL: prod server: 5.1.56 - dev server: 5.1.61-0ubuntu0.10.04.1
Website Url: http://www.orasisdimensional.com

Последнее изменение: 26.03.2012 10:32

26.03.2012 20:17
admin
(Support Team)
User admin
Name: Admin
Aw: SEO requests/advices, you name it. Thank you.

Change path

\components\com_jshopping\lib\static_config.php

$config->image_product_live_path = $config->live_path . "files/img_products";
$config->image_product_path = $config->path . "files/img_products";

change name file:
components\com_jshopping\lib\uploadfile.class.php

row
var $file_name_md5 = 1;

change to

var $file_name_md5 = 0;
var $file_name_filter = 1;

30.03.2012 22:39
orasisd
Name: orasis

thanks for the reply, will try that and be back to ya!
although solutions such as editing core files are not recommended.
cheers

Последнее изменение: 30.03.2012 22:41

26.04.2012 10:30
Jazzvox
Name: Mathias Roth

$config->files_product_live_path = $config->live_path. "http://media.jacobboehme.de/files/files_products";
$config->files_product_path = "http://media.jacobboehme.de/files/files_products";
@ webdesigner - simple as that! Files are loaded from static URL permitting doubled benefits - use another static.domain.com for faster pageloads, and the above. Any downside ??

@orasis - I agree 99.5% to what You mentioned, besides that we can't deal with 2-4k images or more by Photoshop (we use uniCSVimport for images only, the rest is much easier handled in MyAdmin anyway), so the process of resizing AND renaming has to be dynamic! Maybe Dear Webdesigner will tell us the Quicky and will develop the long run ???

Joomla: 2.5.4
JoomShopping: 3.6.1
Website Url: http://jacob-boehme.de/produkte/markenschuhe/

11.10.2012 09:13
Zelda
User Zelda
Name: Azura

i also want to jump my file to another webhost, with this script:

$config->image_product_live_path = "C:\xampp\htdocs\indrashop\components\com_jshopping\files\test";
$config->image_product_path = "C:\xampp\htdocs\indrashop\components\com_jshopping\files\test";

the image is saved to folder succesfully, but its not showing on my website, what's wrong with my code? help me please

11.10.2012 09:14
Zelda
User Zelda
Name: Azura

Jazzvox - 26.04.2012 10:30
$config->files_product_live_path = $config->live_path. "http://media.jacobboehme.de/files/files_products";
$config->files_product_path = "http://media.jacobboehme.de/files/files_products";
@ webdesigner - simple as that! Files are loaded from static URL permitting doubled benefits - use another static.domain.com for faster pageloads, and the above. Any downside ??

@orasis - I agree 99.5% to what You mentioned, besides that we can't deal with 2-4k images or more by Photoshop (we use uniCSVimport for images only, the rest is much easier handled in MyAdmin anyway), so the process of resizing AND renaming has to be dynamic! Maybe Dear Webdesigner will tell us the Quicky and will develop the long run ???

i also want to jump my file to another webhost, with this script:

$config->image_product_live_path = "C:\xampp\htdocs\indrashop\components\com_jshopping\files\test";
$config->image_product_path = "C:\xampp\htdocs\indrashop\components\com_jshopping\files\test";

the image is saved to folder succesfully, but its not showing on my website, what's wrong with my code? help me please

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.