Using EAN in 2.9.7 for key

03.05.2012 12:31
bhall2001
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Bob Hall
Using EAN in 2.9.7 for key

I'd like to use EAN when I import items and let Joomshopping create an unique ID for an item. The issue I'm having is that it appears as though I must use ID as the key on the import as this is the data element that is triggering a match in products on importing (atleast to create a new product).

If I uncheck ID and check EAN, I get duplicated products on the import (products have unique ids but the same EAN). If I check ID AND EAN than a duplicate product is not created and data is updated on the existing products correctly.

This poses issues for products created outside an import as ID's appear to be sequential from the last ID created which may be overwritten by an import.

What I'd like to do is not use ID but EAN as the key. Is this possible? If you need admin access and the .csv test file I'm importing with let me know and I'll send them to you.

NOTE: web URL is to a test category I've been using.

Joomla: Joomla! 1.5.25 Stable [ senu takaa ama mamni ] 14-November-2011 18:00 GMT
JoomShopping: 2.9.7
PHP: 5.3.3-7+squeeze8
MySQL: 5.1.61-0+squeeze1
Website Url: http://www.603sports.com/store/category/view/41

03.05.2012 20:25
admin
(Support Team)
User admin
Name: Admin
Aw: Using EAN in 2.9.7 for key

Import name?
version?

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.