How to add shipping description to order e-mail

10.10.2011 22:45
communicat
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: communicat
How to add shipping description to order e-mail

I would like to add the shipping description to the order e-mail for the customer. Now only the shipping title is added. Is this possible?
I think something needs to be changed in jshopping/templates/default/checkout/orderemail.php.

But I don't know what exactly since I don't php. I have tried to add
print nl2br($this->order->shipping_description);
to line 453 in this file but nothing happened. Can anyone help me with this or is this too much of a custom question?

Joomla: 1.6.5
JoomShopping: 3.1.3
PHP: 5.2.11-pl0-gentoo

17.10.2011 11:53
communicat
Aw: How to add shipping description to order e-mail

Anyone? If it simply is not possible to add the shipping description to the order e-mail I would like to know so I can try to solve this problem in another way because buyers need to see the full shipping description one way or another.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

17.10.2011 12:38
ukm
Name: Ute Keller

I solved a similar problem by sending a second email automatically.
It is just a workaround but might help you for the moment...

You find the howto here:
http://www.webdesigner-profi.de/joomla-webdesign/joomla-shop/forum/posts/2/423.html?lang=de

17.10.2011 14:15
communicat

Hi ukm,

Thank you for your response. I looked at your solution but it is not perfect for my problem.

For now I will probably add some extra text at the top of the customer order e-mail. I can do this by adding text and a url-link to a website page in: JoomShopping – Configuration – Static text – Description of the order for the customer.

Thanks again for your reply.

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.