Shipping Configuration: is this possible?

09.01.2012 01:42
rolyat100
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Taylor Ruble
Shipping Configuration: is this possible?

My online store will only be selling to people in the united states, so having country codes is a not useful for my site. What I would like to do is through the database change the countries to the 50 US states, and the set shipping rates for those states. However, I know the system will reflect the change in the backend, but I do not know what changes I may have to make to files to ensure a smooth transition.

One element that I would need to change is eliminating the entry field for "state" during the checkout. This would be handled by the country drop down list, which would be relabeled "state" and the drop down would have the 50 states.

I am certain it is not as simple as changing the database, country label in the language files, and eliminating the state entry field on the check out form.

Can anyone make sone suggestions?

Joomla: 1.7.3
JoomShopping: 3.3.1

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.