Checkout tax problem

13.07.2012 18:40
dnasport
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Darren
Checkout tax problem

We are based in South Carolina (USA) and we had a transaction through JoomShopping from North Carolina. The cart still charged them our state tax... which it shouldn't. Out of state customers don't pay sales tax (only in state). How do I set this up so it doesn't happen again?

Thank you.

D

14.07.2012 08:30
admin
(Support Team)
User admin
Name: Admin
Aw: Checkout tax problem

Will be later (tax for States)

27.10.2012 16:42
stuffdone
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: stuffdone

What does this mean "will be later"

If we cannot charge tax by state this cart cannot be used in the US. Each state and many counties in these states each have their own local tax rates.

It is illegal to not charge the correct tax where product is sent to same state and also we cannot charge any tax if shipped to another state. Therefor being able to specify the tax rate of our specific state and charge ONLY those customers makes the cart impossible to use.

Am I to understand that I must delete your cart and find another product if I need to use this in the USA?

27.10.2012 17:30
admin
(Support Team)
User admin
Name: Admin

See http://www.webdesigner-profi.de/joomla-webdesign/shop/addons/states-tax.html

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.